|Posted by Beuna Tomalino on|
This is the time of year when many people think about starting seeds indoors for their gardens. Some people actually start seeds and then neglect them or get discouraged because the plants didn't do well or didn't even come up. Others intend to start seeds but never get around to it or change their mind because they aren't sure what to do.
Learning how to grow plants from seed you started indoors can be very fulfilling for a variety of reasons including:
- Start seeds whenever you want.
- Grow the varieties you want.
- Minimize the chance of disease or weeds.
- Save money – less expensive than buying transplants.
- Grow things that normally would take too long to flower or fruit for your growing season.
- Grow plants in whatever season you wish, not just when plants are available.
- Earlier and/or larger harvest (for example, if you start marigold or tomato seed inside they will be farther along in the growing process by the time you move the plants outside.)
- You know how the plant was taken care of – if you are an organic gardener you will know what fertilizers and pesticides were used
- Control over the size of the plant at transplanting
- For the challenge
For more information on Seed Starting sign in HERE.
Seed Starting Supplies
Check my calendar for seed starting classes or schedule your own.